Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Little Something to Think About...

Pinned Image

I came across this picture a week or so ago while searching for thought-provoking quotes and images - which I like to do regularly. This particular picture, and the quote within the picture, resonatd with me. Take some time to look at this image. Look at the hand of this faceless, famine-stricken child reaching out to be comforted by this faceless stranger. Take some time to think about the things that we take for granted each and every day...the things we complain about. This child would give anything to have our complaints. In the grand scheme of things we're much more fortunate than we realize.

Secondly, I ask you to share this picture/thought with your friends today. We should never forget that there are people in this world who are literally starving to death...it breaks my heart. Let's work on being grateful for the blessings that we have...the roof over our heads at night...the food and water that we have in abudance. Simply being aware of these things can do wonders for the soul, for it allows us to keep our everyday problems in perspective. So today, my friends, let's all take some time to truly be thankful...

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing... All the problems we face in our day to day lives we see as the biggest and worst thing that could happen to us but little do we realize or come face to face of how much worse it really could be... I will never forget this thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we could be so much happier in our everyday lives if we realized how much we truly have!

      Delete
  2. This piece completely amazed me. Such a deep reflection on our values and priorities. While complain about money and materialistic values, these people wish they had just hald of the food we have. Sometimes we must really think about what is truly important. People should be more aware, people should care more. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Lily! You do great work bringing awareness to these issues on your blog!

      Delete
  3. wish everyone could step back and look threw new eye's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world would be a completely different place...

      Delete
  4. I shared this on my Facebook. What an incredibly evocative photograph.

    Thank you for the comment on my blog. I truly appreciate you taking the time to praise my work. Your blog has a lovely message.

    Be Well,
    Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather for sharing! I really enjoy the positivity of your blog.

      Delete
  5. That's exactely what I meant when i told you to choose your target reader and t think of "WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP ON LOVING WITH ALL OF THEIR HEARTS?!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that picture says it all. Thank you for sharing it and reminding me of all those who have much greater problems than I will probably ever have. It reminds me, too, how so very disrespectful I am when I think I have it so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I am every bit as guilty of it as well - but this picture definitely helps remind me that things could always be so much worse and that there are people out there that would give anything to have my "problems"

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this picture with everyone. Sometimes a picture is worth more than just a thousand words. It can be worth tears, apologies, inspiration, and the realization that we are blessed. Looking at this picture I realize that my complaints are infinitesimal and ridiculous. It makes me more determined than ever to make sure that I use my life and the blessings God has given me to help God bless someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said Laura. You're correct when you say that a picture can sometimes say it all and this one sure does!

      Delete
  8. This just made me cry. Such a poignant reminder that we should be grateful for the things we have and help those who don't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, god. I need some air to reduce my anxiety now. This is awfully sad!!!

    ReplyDelete